At some point, Wendy’s offered this Chicken Fillet sandwich for a limited time. However, it seems that many of Wendy’s loyal customers loved this breaded chicken sandwich. This is why Wendy’s made this sandwich a permanent dish on their menu. Today, you can easily replicate this delicious sandwich using a secret mixture of spices in the chicken fillet’s crispy coating. Make sure you follow the same piling order just like the original version and you have yourself 4 cloned recipes for a much lower cost.
4 chicken breast fillets
4 lettuce leaves
4 plain hamburger buns
4 tomato slices
8 Tsp mayonnaise
4 Tsp cayenne pepper
2 and ½ Tsp salt
1 Tsp onion powder
1 Tsp coarse ground black pepper
½ Tsp paprika
1/8 Tsp garlic powder
6-8 c vegetable oil
1 c all-purpose flour
2/3 c water
1/3 c Frank’s Original Red Hot Pepper Sauce
1. In a deep fryer, preheat 6-8 c of oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix water and pepper sauce in a small-size bowl.
3. Mix cayenne pepper, onion powder, flour, paprika, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder in a separate shallow bowl.
4. Pound the chicken pieces using a mallet until the chicken becomes 3/8” thick. Cut the chicken breast fillet if required in order for it to fit on the burger buns.
5. Coat each chicken piece with flour. Make sure you work on one chicken piece at a time. Afterward, dredge the chicken breast fillets in the prepared pepper sauce. Cover the chicken with flour mixture again. Set this aside until all the chicken breast fillets are coated.
6. Fry the fillets for about 8-12 minutes, or until chicken breast fillets are crispy and light brown. Drain the chicken breasts on paper towels or a rack.
7. While frying the chicken, start preparing the sandwich by toasting the face of the burger buns using a hot skillet over moderate heat. Spread about 2 Tsp of mayo on each inverted face of the top buns.
8. Put a tomato slice on top of the mayo then put a lettuce leaf onto the tomato.
9. Stack one piece of chicken fillet on each bottom burger bun.
10. Turn the top half over onto the bottom half of the bun. Serve while hot.
This is a delicious sandwich from Wendy’s.